Tyler serves as headquarters to the Eastern District of Texas federal court, a popular venue for patent cases due to its judicial expertise, plaintiff-friendly local rules, speedy dispositions, and principled jurors who understand the value of Intellectual Property (or “IP”).
East Texas Federal Court Jurisdiction
1. Tyler serves as headquarters to the East District of Texas Federal Court Jurisdiction.
2. East Texas courts are known for their speedy dispositions to resolve legal uncertainties
3. Tyler has a network of local attorneys skilled in patent litigation and IP matters.
4. Principled jurors in East Texas show a propensity for understanding the true value of Intellectual Property and have awarded IP owners appropriately.
- l4i v. Microsoft $200M (May 2009)
- VirnetX v. Microsoft $105.8 M (March 2010)
- Mirror Worlds v. Apple $208.5M (Oct 2010)
- Fractus v. Samsung$23M (May 2011)
- VirnetX v. Apple $368.2 M (Nov 2012)
- Ericsson v. D-Link, Gateway, Dell, Toshiba, Belkin, Netgear, $8M (June 2013)
- Retractable Technologies v. Becton Dickerson $114M (Sept 2013)